Submitted by Becker on December 20, 2010 - 7:36am
- Total Eclipses: Science, Observations, Myths, and Legends, Pierre Guillermier and Serge Koutchmy
- Cosmic Phenomena, Gabriele Vanin
- The Planets, Dava Sobel (a personal favorite about the science and mythology surrounding our solar system)
- The Pagan Book of Days: A Guide to the Festivals, Traditions, and Sacred Days of the Year, Nigel Pennick
- The Winter Solstice: The Sacred Traditions of Christmas, John and Caitlin Matthews
- Yule: A Celebration of Light and Warmth, Dorothy Morrison
- The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for Winter Solstice, Carolyn McVickar Edwards
- And here is NASA's page on the lunar eclipse
Enjoy watching the moon tonight and the return of the light tomorrow!
All DPL locations will close early at 4 p.m. Nov. 25, closed all day Nov. 26. Westwood closed Nov. 26-29. More...