Anyone who has ever been called a name knows that words can hurt. Children and adults can put an end to bullying and name calling by talking openly and honestly about this behavior and ways to handle these difficult situations.
Books for Kids:
- Don't Pick On Me: Help for Kids to Stand Up To & Deal with Bullies by Susan Eikov Green
- Being Me: A Kid's Guide to Boosting Confidence and Self-Esteem by Wendy L. Moss
- Bullying and Me: Schoolyard Stories by Ouisie Shapiro
Books for Adults:
- Little Girls Can Be Mean: Four Steps to Bully-Proof Girls in the Early Grades by Michelle Anthony and Reyna Lindert
- The Parents' Guide to Psychological First Aid: Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Predictable Life Crises edited by Gerald P. Koocher and Annette M. La Greca
- Bully-Proof Your Child: Expert Advice on Teaching Children to Defend Themselves by Keith Vitali with Adam Brouillard.
Resources, suggestions and activities are available from the No Name-Calling Week website.