Need a bike? Check out the B-cycle program. For more information about cyclists rights and activism, be sure to visit the Bicycle Colorado website.
Best Bike Books
- Urban Bikers' Tricks & Tips: Low-Tech & No-Tech Ways to Find, Ride, & Keep a Bicycle by Dave Glowocz
- Great Road Rides Denver by Jay P. K. Kenney
- The Complete Do-it-Yourself Bike Book: Everything You Need to Know to Fix, Maintain, and Get the Most Out of Your Bike by Mel Allwood
- Pedaling Revolution: How Cyclists are Changing American Cities by Jeff Mapes
- Bicycling & the Law by Bob Mionski
- Bicycle Diaries by David Byrne
- Tour de Lance: The Extraordinary Story of Lance Armstrong's Fight to Reclaim the Tour De France Bill Strickland
- The Lost Cyclist: The Epic Tale of an American Adventurer and His Mysterious Disappearance David V. Herlihy
For Those Still on Tricycles
A Few Denver Bike Shops - Spending your money in Denver helps the library!
- Campus Cycles
- Cycle Analyst
- Pearl Velo
- Salvagetti Bicycle Workshop
- Singletrack Factory
- Urbanistic Tea and Bicycle Shop
Other than the positive benefits to your health and environment, another reason to participate in Bike to Work Day is that you can get a free mini cupcake from the Shoppe!
There's also a Fresh City Life program - Nuts & Bolts Basic Bike Maintenance class this Sunday, June 27 and Sunday, July 25, 1-3 p.m. at the Central Library, Acoma Plaza (outside the West entrance).
Major Taylor is a great american hero that we seem to forget about. This is someone who all youth and adults should strive to be like.
We ride in honor of the great Marshall "Major" Taylor.
Major Taylor Cycling Club of Denver Inc.