Each year the James Beard Foundation grants a few prestigious awards to venerate chefs and cookbook authors as well as other dignitaries in the field. Winners were announced on Monday, May 3 during a posh New York ceremony. These books are sure to be scrumptious!
2010 Winners include:
- Ad Hoc at Home by Thomas Keller (includes 200 recipes for family style meals!)
- Real Cajun by Don Link
- The Fundamental Techniques of Classic Pastry Arts by International Culinary Center and Judith Choate
- Love Soup: 160 All-New Vegetarian Recipes by Anna Thomas
- Seven Fires: Grilling the Argentine Way by Francis Mallmann with Peter Kaminsky
- Save the Deli by David Sax
Another notable award is The International Association of Culinary Professionals Cookbook Award. Not only Ad Hoc at Home, but The Country Cooking of Ireland by Colman Andrews and The Fundamental Techniques of Classic Pastry Arts, were lauded at both award ceremonies. The IACP winner for American cuisine was My New Orleans by John Besh. Rose's Heavenly Cakes by Rose Levy Beranbaum won for Baking: Savory or Sweet.
They all sound great. Can't wait to try out some of the recipes, especially in Real Cajun. Cajun/Creole food is right at the top of my list of faves.
Have you seen Vegan Soul Kitchen - I love that there is a soundtrack suggestion included for each recipe!
Ad Hoc at Home is a great cookbook! And I never thought I'd say this about a cookbook but his stories are as heartwarming as it the recipes are comforting.