Join us on Wednesday, August 18, 6 p.m. at the newly renovated Ross-Cherry Creek Branch Library for a magic lantern show, "Touring Cherry Creek from Francis Parkman to the Future," by noted historian Tom Noel on the historic transformation of Cherry Creek from its muddy beginnings to its glittering present.
Dr. Tom Noel, a Professor of History and Director of Public History, Preservation and Colorado Studies at University of Colorado in Denver is also known as "Dr. Colorado" from Channel 9's "Colorado & Co," writes a history column for the Sunday Denver Post and has just published his 39th book, Mile High Tourism with co-author Debra Faulkner. Bring a copy of one of his books to be signed, or buy one at the event to be signed! These make excellent gifts for any history lover.
More by Dr. Colorado
- Riding High: Colorado Ranchers and 100 years of the National Western Stock Show
- Guide to Colorado Historic Places: Sites Supported by the Colorado Historical Society's State Historical Fund
- Colorado: A Liquid History & Tavern Guide to the Highest State
- The City and the Saloon, Denver, 1858-1916
- Colorado: An Illustrated History of the Highest State
- Mile High Tourism: Denver's Convention & Visitor History
- A Pikes Peak Partnership: the Penroses and the Tutts
- Showtime: Denver's Performing Arts, Convention Centers & Theatre District
- Sacred Stones: Colorado's Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre
- Lowry: Military Base to New Urban Community
- The Park Hill Neighborhood
- The Colorado Almanac: Facts about Colorado