What do you do with an around the world plane ticket? Come find out how to plan such a big trip and see photos from the various destinations visited by Kevin Ward and Jennifer Speer on Thursday, March 24, at 2 p.m. at the Schlessman Family Branch Library.
Planning your own adventure? Browse your local library's Travel section for all the latest travel guides from Frommer's, Fodor's, Lonely Planet, Let's Go, Eyewitness, Rick Steves and more! Can't afford a trip? Travel the world from your couch with a Travel DVD or memoir!
Around the World Voyage Memoirs:
- Adventures of a Continental Drifter: An Around-the-World Excursion into Weirdness, Danger, Lust, and the Perils of Street Food by Elliott Hester
- 3 MPH: The Adventures of One Woman's Walk Around the World by Polly Letofsky
- Into Thick Air: Biking to the Bellybutton of Six Continents by Jim Malusa
- Long Way Down: An Epic Journey by Motorcycle from Scotland to South Africa by Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman
- Innocents Abroad Too: Journeys Around the World on Semester at Sea by Michael Pearson
- Around the World on a Bicycle Vol. II by Thomas Stevens
- The Travel Book: A Journey Through Every Country in the World
Interested in learning a new language? The library has many resources to help you, including the database, Mango Languages, that can keep track of your lessons. Mango is fun and easy to use and the best part is that you can access it from the comfort of your own home!