Are You Prepared?
Did you know that the Mayor’s Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security’s, READYColorado Program is actively promoting preparedness throughout the entire Denver metro area? Test your preparedness knowledge by visiting the “Take the Disaster READY Challenge" page. Answer the trivia questions and be registered for one of 72 prizes, including a grand prize of two tickets on Southwest Airlines.
- Becoming a Homeland Security Professional
- Just in Case: How to be Self-Sufficient When the Unexpected Happens by Kathy Harrison
- First Aid and CPR Essentials by Alton Thygerson, Benjamin Gulli, and John R. Krohmer
- How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It: Tactics, Techniques, and Technologies for Uncertain Times by James Wesley Rawles
- The Survivors Club: The Secrets and Science that Could Save Your Life by Ben Sherwood
- The SAS Urban Survival Handbook: How to Protect Yourself from Domestic Accidents, Muggings, Burglary, and Attack by John 'Lofty' Wiseman
- When Technology Fails: A Manual for Self-Reliance, Sustainability, and Surviving the Long Emergency by Matthew Stein
- When All Hell Breaks Loose: Stuff You Need to Survive When Disaster Strikes by Cody Lundin
- Your Survival: The Only Guide You Will Ever Need to Plan for, Cope with, and Recover from any Disaster by Bob Arnot and Mark Cohen
- Emergency Essentials' Tips for Preparedness by Larry Barkdull
For the Kids:
- Deadly Perils: And How to Avoid Them by Tracey Turner
- Staying Safe in Emergencies by Robin Nelson
- Helping Out and Staying Safe: The Empowerment Assets by Pamela Espeland and Elizabeth Verdick
The Central Library will close early at 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 10 to prepare for the Booklovers Ball. More...