Today the Young Adult Library Services Association announced the winners of the Alex Awards. The Alex Awards are given to ten adult books, both fiction and nonfiction, that also appeal to young adults and were published during the previous year.
The 2011 Alex Award winners are:
- The Boy Who Couldn’t Sleep and Never Had To by DC Pierson
- Breaking Night: A Memoir of Forgiveness, Survival, and My Journey from Homeless to Harvard by Liz Murray
- Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok
- The House of Tomorrow by Peter Bognanni
- The Lock Artist by Steve Hamilton
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake: A Novel by Aimee Bender
- The Radleys by Matt Haig
- The Reapers Are the Angels: A Novel by Alden Bell
- Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue
- The Vanishing of Katharina Linden: A Novel by Helen Grant
What books have you read that you feel would appeal to a wide age range of readers?