Say it with me: YOLO! Now, say it even louder: YOLO!! And, for goodness' sake, say it one more time: YOLO!!! If you're not familiar with this word, let me tell you what it stands for. YOU ONLYLIVE ONCE. That's right - I've had you saying YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE; so, do the most with your life.
YOLO has to be one of the most often used words today by kids and teenagers, and I'm pretty sure it gets on everyone else's nerves because of how frequently it has been used. But, why?! It's a powerful statement, so why not say it? I mean these four little words can have a powerful impact on your life and push you towards taking the next step in life.
Let me give you a few examples of YOLO:
1. Pursue your dreams, whatever they may be.
2. Travel the world: England, Mexico, Germany, Asia -- wherever you want!
3. Start your own business: Invest in a bar, night club, restaurant, non-profit, book store, etc..
4. Write a book, make music, do stand up comedy, go to school, start a new job etc...
5. Start a family, get married, buy a house, build a man-cave etc...
6. Come out of the closet, support civil right movements, support those who have lost their way or need guidance, fight for your beliefs, and be yourself 100% of the time, etc....
7. Sky dive, cliff jump, go hiking, swim with sharks, base jump, go to a concert, etc...
8. Start over again and move somewhere new.
9. Face your fears and conquer them; don't let limitations or anything hold you back.
10. Don't have any regrets in life.
The reason I wrote this blog is because I would like to encourage you to face your fears, take a risk in life, do something spontaneous, or perhaps make that change in your life that you been meaning to make. Don't let fear, unknowns, limitations, or anything else, hold you back in life. At the end of the day, the only person who can stop us from our pursuit of happiness is ourselves. We only get one life, so why not make the most of it?
YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE
P.S. I've picked out some items to help you:
Also, if you have any YOLO moments that you would like to share, please do.
I had a nice, comfortable life in the Southeastern part of the US and I uprooted my wife and two young kids to move to Denver last August. YOLO!
How come Denver? and that takes a lot of courage to make a move like that, Bravo! hope life is as great now that you are here as it was once in the southeastern part of the US
We wanted a bit of a change and had always wanted to live in another part of the country. Denver ticked a lot of boxes for us :)
Awesome! thank you for choosing this wonderful city
That was completely how I wound up living in Denver, too! And I have never looked back, never regretted it - hope it is the same for you and your family!
I have faced my fears and my fears have faced me. Is it not the goal in life to become one with one's self in order to be a more perfect personality? Heavy thought.
Millions and millions of people actually do try to be one with oneself in order to better understand their mission in life, what they wanna be and to simply make themselves feel better about themselves. A good example is a Buddhist monk.
Also, facing your fear and fear facing you, can either go two ways you stand up and face it or you avoid it and run. Facing your fear is totally up to the individual and how the will interpret it, you might not have seen it as a goal but, what you gained is the understanding, perspective, knowledge and courage because of it (my opinion). good question