May is Mental Health Awareness month, and that is crucial now more than ever. Here are some ways to stay sane while you’re spending so much time at home.
- Read an eBook, listen to an audiobook, follow positive social media
- Connect with friends and family virtually.
- Get outside (with a mask)
- Take a walk, go for a run, or just sit on the grass for a few minutes. It can be super helpful to just be outside each day and create a sense of normalcy.
- Write, paint, color or do whatever you enjoy most creatively
- Creative expression can be a huge help when you’re feeling closed in. Take some time for self-care in whatever way serves you best. Check out DPL’s Summer of Adventure Maker Challenge for inspiration and submit your project!
- Be kind to one another
- These are hard and unusual times for everyone. Most people are trying their best, and a little kindness can go a long way!
Colorado Crisis Services Call 1-844-493-8255 or Text “TALK” to 38255
National Alliance on Mental Health 1-800-950-6264, available by call
Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255 available by call or chat
The Trevor Project 1-866-488-7386, available by call, text, or chat