Want to learn something new in 2019? The library has several eLearning resources that allow you to master a new skill at your own pace, and in the comfort of your home using just your library card:
- In addition to a great selection of feature films and documentaries, Kanopy (available to Denver residents only) has a plentiful array of instructional movies, with nearly 300 on food technology and cooking alone. There are sports and fitness videos, such as Secrets of Successful Golf and Yoga for Knee Problems, and other lessons on home renovation, welding and travel photography.
- Want to learn a little Spanish or help someone master English? Try it the fun way, with conversation-based lessons from Mango Languages. You'll have access to more than 70 world language courses and a mobile app that allows you to learn on the go. You can drop in as a guest or create a profile that allows you to keep track of your progress.
- If you'd like to learn how to start a small business or nonprofit, the Legal Information Reference Center provides full-text books, detailed instructions and legal forms to get you started. You can also gain knowledge on estates and wills and getting your affairs in order and how to make patent drawings.
- Morningstar offers more than 100 courses on stocks, funds, and portfolio building. Each course can be completed in about 10 minutes and includes a quiz at the end. Examples include Investing for the Long Run and How Much Risk Can you Tolerate?
- The Learning Express Library has practice tests and tutorials for students of all ages, including GED prep, career certification, and academic skills building. You'll see immediate scoring, answer explanations, and an analysis of your test results. Topics include law enforcement, citizenship, cosmetology, EMS, and business writing skills.
- With its mammoth selection of streaming instructional videos (3,000 courses that include moree than 130,000 videos), Lynda Library is your source for business, marketing, design, education, photography, IT and software instruction. Try your hand at Learning Computer Forensics, Magazine Design Start to Finish, or Getting Started with Microsoft Excel. In addition, you can upload Certificates of Completion to your LinkedIn profile.
Questions? Ask Reference Services or call 720-865-1363 today!