Want to stream movies when and where it's easiest for you? Then you'll love our on-demand Kanopy film streaming service which is available for free at the Denver Public Library. Cardholders can access Kanopy and sign up to begin streaming films instantly by visiting denverlibrary.kanopy.com (you can also find this in the downloads section of the website). Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku.
Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world's best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films and world cinema with collections from Kino Lorber, Music Box Films, Samuel Goldwyn, The Orchard, The Great Courses, PBS and thousands of independent filmmakers.
Parents can trust a curated selection of educational and enriching videos on Kanopy Kids. Kanopy Kids highlights films and TV series that inspire and inform, helping children develop empathy, mindfulness and self-esteem through entertaining and educational videos.
With the motto of "thoughtful entertainment," Kanopy provides Denver Public Library customers with access to films of unique social and cultural value; films that are often difficult or impossible to access elsewhere and programming that features diversity, with a wide array of foreign language films and films on race and current affairs.
Here's how to get started:
All you need is your library card!
- Go to denverlibrary.kanopy.com
- Click "Sign Up" in upper right hand corner of screen
- Fill out the requested fields in the account creation form
- You will be sent a verification email to your email address.
- Enter your library card information
With Kanopy you can
- Watch up to eight films per month
- You have three days to watch each film. Once you press play on a film, you have three days to view it as many times as you like without using another play credit.
- Play credits reset on the first of each month
- You can access Kanopy from any device, including iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku and Chromecast.
Kanopy is limited to Denver county customers only
I am so excited and grateful that we have this service now. Thank you, DPL!
Thanks so much for this! The selection is so good.
how about some basic how to's on using this service? I have Roku TV yet had to watch documentary on Windows 10 lap top didn't see anywhere how to live stream and watch on TV.
I use Chromecast--$35 for a little gizmo that plugs into your TV and can stream things from your computer or phone/app. It's a one-time fee, not a subscription--totally worth it for products like Kanopy.