Man Booker Prize 2013 Shortlist Announced
And I always thought I had read more of them then I actually have.
I get a little thrill when I pick out a title and it has that sticker proclaiming it as a Man Booker Prize Winner - then I just know it will be good!
The shortlist of nominations for the Man Booker Prize 2013 was announced on Tuesday, providing more good choices to help fill out my list of nominations/winners read. The Man Booker Prize was first established in 1969 and, according to their website, "aims to promote the finest in fiction by rewarding the best novel of the year written by a citizen of the United Kingdom, the Commonwealth or the Republic of Ireland." Checkout their website archive for the titles of previous years winners and our Man Booker Prize Winners Booklist from our Booklists by Topic for titles available here at Denver Public Library.
The Man Booker Prize 2013 Shortlist of nominations are:
- We Need New Names by NoViolet Bulawayo (also available in eBook and Book on CD formats)
- The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
- The Harvest by Jim Crace
- The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri (also available in Audio eBook and Book on CD formats)
- A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki (also available in Audio eBook format)
- The Testament of Mary by Colm Tóibín (also available in Book on CD format)
So, who do you think should win this year's award?
All DPL locations will close early at 4 p.m. Nov. 25, closed all day Nov. 26. Westwood closed Nov. 26-29. More...