The City and County of Denver is embarking on a plan to invest more than $700 million into the city’s economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic through $308 million from the American Rescue Plan Act and another $400 million from an upcoming General Obligation Bond. This plan is called RISE Denver: Rebuilding for an Inclusive and Sustainable Economy. The vision of the plan is to meet and surpass pre-crisis economic activity while ensuring benefits of prosperity reach the entire population including our most under resourced residents and businesses.
The city has launched a public engagement process seeking community input on how to prioritize community recovery areas. This is where you come in, as a library supporter you know that a strong library is critical to a strong community.
We need your help to ensure Denver Public Library is prioritized and included in this plan to ensure the library receives the critical funds it needs to provide the much needed and overdue infrastructure improvements for our aging facilities and to provide library access in underserved communities.
Here are some ways you can help ensure that the library can play a critical role in helping our community recover from COVID-19:
- Take the online survey at risetogetherdenver.org
- Create a log-in to take the survey by selecting “Register”
- Each survey has a series of questions available that you can rank in order of importance as well as an option for open ended responses.
- We ask that you prioritize issues impacting the library like:
- Infrastructure - facility improvements/new facilities
- Services the library offers: digital access, housing and support for people experiencing homelessness, technology classes, more technology like computers or tablets in public spaces such as libraries
- For the open ended questions, please include information about the importance of libraries. Your personal stories about your experiences with the library are important! We’ve also developed a toolkit with information about library projects that are currently being considered for the 2021 bond as well as some facts and general messages about the library.
- Sign up on risetogetherdenver.org to participate in a Telephone Town Hall.
- Wednesday, May 26 at 9:00 a.m.
- Thursday, June 3 at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 5 at 9:00 a.m.
- Sunday, June 6 at 11:00 a.m.
Thank you for taking the time to support Denver Public Library - we appreciate you! Support is critical for this effort, please share this with your fellow library lovers, friends, family, etc.