As you wake up this morning, you take in the bright Colorado sunlight streaming through a nearby window. You stretch languidly and set your intentions for the day for relaxation and exploration. Luckily, you have a Denver Public Library card!
As your day begins and you prepare your breakfast, you decide to stream an album from VOLUME Denver, a local music project. Streaming local music reminds you of your favorite nights in darkly lit music venues when you stayed up way too late.
- If you decide to make biscuits and gravy, listen to Odessa Rose
- If you decide to make waffles and bacon, listen to Automatic Iris
With breakfast consumed, you look out the front window and decide to get some fresh air. You grab your face mask, hand sanitizer and headphones to listen to a downloadable audiobook as you stroll, and head out the front door.
- If you decide on a long walk, listen to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling (it’s currently available with no wait!)
- For a shorter walk, listen to Aimless Love: A Collection of Poems by Billy Collins.
As you arrive home, you yearn for a good book, and feel the familiar stab of anxiety at wading through all the books in the world. Luckily, you remember that the library provides a number of speciality services that might help.
- If you decide to request a Personalized Reading List, be sure to also check out an online book club!
As you ease into your afternoon, you seek mental stimulation to keep your skills sharp and help earn the nap you see in the not-too-distant future.
- Want to try learning a new language? Pick one of the 70 languages that Mango Languages has to offer.
- If you choose to explore local history, pick one of the many tediously researched and engagingly written Western History and Genealogy blogs.
After you arise from your well earned nap, you find yourself hungry again. Is it already time for dinner?
- If you feel like cooking, try a recipe from an online magazine.
- Thinking delivery instead? Place your order, then scroll through the library’s vast digital collection of photos, maps and more while you wait.
With a full belly and a desire to kick back and relax, your mind goes to something entertaining. Maybe a comedy film from Kanopy? Or, perhaps checking out an ebook on mindfulness techniques could guide you to a restful sleep.
As you turn in for the night, you are reminded just how many ways you can read, learn and explore throughout the day, using only your Denver Public Library card. So now the only question is...what to do tomorrow?