The National Park Service recently announced the Fee-Free Days for 2020. These are:
● Monday, January 20 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
● Saturday, April 18 – First Day of National Park Week/National Junior Ranger Day
● Tuesday, August 25 – National Park Service Birthday
● Saturday, September 26 – National Public Lands Day
● Wednesday, November 11 – Veterans Day
But how about all the other days, and and our fine Colorado State Parks? We've got you covered with our Check Out State Parks Backpacks! The backpack includeas a pass for up to seven days, as well as binoculars, a wildlife viewing guide, a tree and wildflower identification guide, a park brochure, suggested activities list and the Leave No Trace outdoor ethics principles. If you're thinking winter is NOT the time to be exploring our beautiful parks, think again! Consider Navajo State Park, the "Lake Powell" of Colorado, with 15,000 surface acres of reservoir extending 20 miles south into New Mexico, or beautiful Jackson Lake Park, where icefishing might snag you a trout and birders can score a wintering long-eared owl! There are 41 parks in all to choose from.
This program is a partnership with the Colorado Department of Education, State Library, local library systems, and Colorado Parks and Wildlife.