The Denver Public Library is celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15 through October 15. Throughout the month, the library will feature special virtual programming and events that celebrate Hispanic culture.
Throughout the celebration, customers can call in to hear stories that celebrate Hispanic heritage for kids in multiple languages on the library’s popular Phone-A-Story line at 720-865-8500. Adults can call into LitLine, for stories and poems at 720-865-2003.
Kids of all ages that are learning from home can also join their favorite library storytime readers in celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month on the library's YouTube page.
The library will also announce the award recipients of its annual Latino Community Service Awards. The awards honor individuals who have made a deep and lasting impact on our city and state.
The month will wrap up with a Latino Dance Party sponsored by Denver Public Library in collaboration with Raices Brewery on October 9.
Program highlights for the month are below:
- Cuentacuentos virtuales en español / Virtual Spanish storytime: Mon.-Fri., 9-9:30 a.m.
- Diversión en español: Every Tues., 3:30-4 p.m.
- Happy Half Hour: D'Marco Martinez with Dylan Tyree: Fri., September 18, 5-5:30 p.m.
- Happy Half Hour: Los Pink Hawks: Fri., September 25, 5-5:30 p.m.
- Free Day @ Museo de Las Americas with DPL: Sat., October 10, 10-5 p.m.
For more information on all the programs and events Denver Public Library has to offer visit the Upcoming Events page.