Medicare open enrollment is coming this fall, and if you are an older adult, you might find yourself bombarded with lots of confusing marketing and advertising -- and even some outright scams.
Fortunately, DPL is partnering with Benefits in Action, a nonprofit with the mission to help you understand the Medicare options that are best for you. They will provide you with high quality, reliable, unbiased information. They will even help you sign up for your choices.
If you are new to Medicare or have questions about your existing Medicare plan, take advantage of the upcoming opportunities to learn about Medicare Parts A through D. You can also learn about other state and federal benefits (like unemployment and SNAP) that you might qualify for. Learn steps to avoid healthcare fraud and abuse. Understand coverage dates. Bring your questions!
There are multiple ways to learn: Attend a general information session, make an appointment for one-on-one assistance or do both!
You can attend a virtual Medicare 101 session on Facebook Live on September 15 at 2:30 p.m. Register in advance if you would like a reminder. Click on this link for more information.
If you'd rather meet in person, attend a Medicare 101 session at a library branch. The sessions will take place from 10:30 -11:30 a.m. at the following branches. Click on the branch name for more information:
- Bear Valley Branch Library on September 24
- Blair Caldwell African American Research Library on October 1
- Rodolfo "Corky" Gonzales Branch Library on October 8 (translation in Spanish will be provided)
- Virginia Village Branch Library on October 15
If you prefer personalized assistance, you can also book an appointment with a Navigator from Benefits in Action by completing this form or calling Benefits in Action at 720-221-8354. The Navigator will explain your options under Medicare and other benefits and will help you sign up. Please allow for 48 business hours for a response to your call.
If you would like to book a Navigator at a library branch, individual appointments are available at the following branches. Call Benefits in Action at 720-221-8354 to book your appointment.
- Virginia Village Branch Library on October 15, from noon to 4 p.m.
- Virginia Village Branch Library on October 22, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Schlessman Family Branch Library on October 23, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Schlessman Family Branch Library on October 30, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Guest blogger DPL Librarian Laurie Spurling.