Planning an Outlander party to swoon with other fans?
Guid gear comes in sma' bulk!
Good things come in small packages and your wee library card connects you to the World. Checkout the following resources to create a party worthy of the Scottish Highlands, even if you haven't read all eight books in the series!
- Brush up on your Scottish Gaelic with Mango
- Visit Starz's Outlander Community page for party-game-worthy quizzes
- Learn about the history and culture of Scotland with Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Create a party favor of other epic tales with Novelist
- Review current affairs like Scotland's upcoming vote in September to break from England or explore Scotland's archeological treasure - all with magazines in Zinio
- Set the mood with bagpipe music from Smithsonian Global Sound
- Share your kilt pics and other memories with us on social media
G'un robh math agad!
So many resources! So many options! Thanks for the great blog post Laurie!
Should you find yourself trapped in 18th century Scotland, absolutely needing to weave an emergency tartan (something I lie awake worrying about / hoping for), here's a great online source:
I'm practicing just so I'll be ready ...
Beautiful! I am also a fan of the older feileadh mòr. I can't forget the women's costumes and was not sure if the corsets seen at different fairs were authentic. Checkout this site http://ow.ly/An0zj which gives some guidance on replicating an authentic outfit.