On Sunday night in San Antonio, Redshirts: A Novel with Three Codas by John Scalzi, was awarded the Hugo Award for Best Novel.
Named for Hugo Gernsback, widely credited for popularizing the reading of Science Fiction, The Hugo Awards are one of Science Fiction's most prestigious honors and have been an annual literary event since 1955.
More Hugo Award 2013 Winners:
- The Emperor's Soul by Brandon Sanderson
- "The Girl-Thing Who Went Out for Sushi" by Pat Cadigan in Edge of Infinity
Best Short Story
- "Mono no Aware" by Ken Liu in The Future is Japanese: Stories from and about the Land of the Rising Sun
Best Related Work
- Writing Excuses Season Seven by Brandon Sanderson, Dan Wells, Mary Robinette Kowal, Howard Tayler, and Jordan Sanderson
Best Graphic Story
- Saga Volume One written by Brian K. Vaughan and illustrated by Fiona Staples
Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form
- The Avengers screenplay and directed by Joss Whedon
Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form
- Game of Thrones, "Blackwater" written by George R.R. Martin, directed by Neil Marshall, created by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss
Are you surprised and/or delighted by any of the winners? Comment below!
Awesome! I just wish they'd add a Young Adult category.
Check out the The Andre Norton Award for Young Adult Science Fiction and Fantasy, awarded annually by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America - http://www.sfwa.org/tag/andre-norton-award/