Happy Winnie the Pooh Day!
Winnie the Pooh's story begins on a pleasant day in 1924 when Christopher Robin Milne, the author's son, visited the London Zoological Gardens and encountered a real life Black Bear named Winnie who preferred condensed milk to honey! The original stuffed animals which inspired the beloved and timeless tales are on display in the New York Public Library. Mr. Milne intended the stories and poems of Winnie the Pooh for not just children, but for the child in all of us. Competitive Pooh devotees should start practicing today for the Pooh Sticks World Championship in March 2013 in Oxfordshire!
New Winnie the Pooh Stories
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: A Classic Disney Treasury
- Return to the Hundred Acre Wood: In Which Winnie the Pooh Enjoys Further Adventures with Christopher Robin and his Friends by David Benedictus
- Disney Winnie the Pooh: The Essential Guide by Beth Landis Hester
- Pooh's Honey Adventure by Lisa Ann Marsoli
- Pooh Helps Out by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld
Winnie the Pooh Films
- Piglet's Big Movie
- Pooh's Heffalump Movie
- The Tigger Movie
- Winnie the Pooh
- Winnie the Pooh Wonderful Word Adventure
Winnie the Pooh for Adults
- Winnie the Pooh on Success: In Which You, Pooh, and Friends Learn About the Most Important Subject of All by Roger E. Allen
- The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff
- The Te of Piglet by Benjamin Hoff
- The Brilliant Career of Winnie the Pooh: The Definitive History of the Best Bear in All the World by Ann Thwaite
- Pooh and the Philosophers: In Which it is Shown that All of Western Philosophy is Just a Preamble to Winnie the Pooh by John Tyerman Williams
The Park Hill Branch of the Denver Public Library celebrated last Saturday with a Pooh Picnic complete with storytime, a sing-along and pin the tail on Eeyore! Pooh fans of all ages had a "hunny" of a time! I am a firm believer that Winnie the Pooh would find the Denver Public Libraries to be an excellent Thinking Place!