For me, sharing books and sharing food with friends and family is about as good as it gets. Last month for Dr. Seuss's birthday a coworker brought in green eggs and ham - made of snack foods. It was amazing! There were delicious snacks to eat while we reminisced about our childhood memories of reading Seuss. It was so good I went home and made my own batch.
Do it yourself!
Ingredients: White Chocolate or Almond Bark, Pretzel Sticks and Green M&M's.
- Step 1) Eat all those pesky non-green M&M's - Kidding! Or am I?
- Step 2) Melt white chocolate or almond bark in a double boiler.
- Step 3) Spoon chocolate onto a non-stick surface. I used wax paper on a tray.
- Step 4) Press 2 pretzel sticks and 2 M&M's into each glob. This step has to be quick or it will harden before you get everything in place.
- Step 5) Put them in the fridge for as long as you can wait or until they're solid.
In all honesty, my first attempt at this came out as a single, scrambled glob of deliciousness. I was perfectly happy with my result.
If your palate is not attuned to green eggs and ham, there are plenty of other book-inspired cookbooks here at the library. Have a peek.