Green Eggs and Ham You May Actually Be Willing To Eat
For me, sharing books and sharing food with friends and family is about as good as it gets. Last month for Dr. Seuss's birthday a coworker brought in green eggs and ham - made of snack foods. It was amazing! There were delicious snacks to eat while we reminisced about our childhood memories of reading Seuss. It was so good I went home and made my own batch.
Do it yourself!
Ingredients: White Chocolate or Almond Bark, Pretzel Sticks and Green M&M's.
- Step 1) Eat all those pesky non-green M&M's - Kidding! Or am I?
- Step 2) Melt white chocolate or almond bark in a double boiler.
- Step 3) Spoon chocolate onto a non-stick surface. I used wax paper on a tray.
- Step 4) Press 2 pretzel sticks and 2 M&M's into each glob. This step has to be quick or it will harden before you get everything in place.
- Step 5) Put them in the fridge for as long as you can wait or until they're solid.
In all honesty, my first attempt at this came out as a single, scrambled glob of deliciousness. I was perfectly happy with my result.
If your palate is not attuned to green eggs and ham, there are plenty of other book-inspired cookbooks here at the library. Have a peek.
The Central Library will close early at 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 10 to prepare for the Booklovers Ball. More...