Is your nonprofit ready for a grant? Come to a free nonprofit workshop at Central and find out!
- What systems do you need in place (other than dedicated staff) to apply for, manage and report on grants?
- Who is authorized to apply?
- Who has to approve the application?
- What process is in place to accept the grant (a legal contract)?
- What kinds of accounting practices are necessary to meet auditing standards?
Guest speakers Kim Grant, Grants Administrator for the City of Arvada and Paulina Delora, Grants Accountant for the City of Arvada will speak about these issues and also outline the basics on the art of grantsmanship.
Lisa Flavin, coordinator of the Nonprofit Center at the Denver Public Library will demonstrate some resources from the Foundation Center.
Grantspace: An online service of the Foundation Center that offers information and resources specifically designed to meet the needs of nonprofits worldwide.
Foundation Directory Online: Developed by the Foundation Center. FDO is the nation’s leading resource for funding research. Use 54 search fields to search 100,000 U.S. foundations and corporate donors, over 2.4 million recent grants, and over half a million key decision makers.