Georgia On My Mind
1. Georgia O'Keeffe wanted to live to be 100 years old. When she died in 1986, how old was she?
2. Though she eventually made New Mexico her permanent home, where was O'Keeffe born.
3. What well-known photographer first exhibited O'Keeffe's work in the 1920s? (He also went on to marry O'Keeffe and take over 700 photo portraits of her.)
4. O'Keeffe stopped oil painting in 1972. What caused her to stop painting? (She did continue to work in pencil, charcoal and clay).
5. Another controversial artist paid tribute to O'Keeffe with a table setting in a large installation piece. What is the name of this artist or her installation work?
You'll have a chance to get to know Georgia O'Keeffe and her work as one of the most influential American artists of all time at our Crafts for the Masses workshop on Sunday, May 20 from 1:30-4:30 p.m. Our wonderful fibers expert, Ann Myhre of Knitty Cat, will teach the basics of needle felting as you interpret one of O'Keefe's stunning poppy images. More info and registration here.