Being a father can be tough, but it can also be a lot of fun. All of the sudden you can build forts, spend hours playing with Legos, and run around the backyard screaming like a pirate without people shaking their heads in disgust. As Father's Day is upon us, here are some great books that will make fathers smile and help them up their game.
- Geek Dad: Awesomely Geeky Projects and Activities for Sons and Dads to Share - Ken Denmead
- Handy Dad in the Great Outdoors: More than 30 Super-Cool Projects and Activities for Dads and Kids - Todd Davis
- Backyard Ballistics: Build Potato Cannons, Paper Match Rockets, Cincinnati Fire Kites, Tennis Ball Mortars, and More Dynamite Devices - William Gurstelle
- 50 Dangerous Things (You Should Let Your Kids Do) - Gever Tulley :: Check out his TED Talk too.
- Manhood for Amateurs: The Pleasures and Regrets of a Husband, Father, and Son - Michael Chabon
- Someone Could Get Hurt: A Memoir of Twenty-First Century Parenthood - Drew Magary
- Raising Cubby: A Father and Son's Adventures with Asperger's, Trains, Tractors, and High Explosives - John Elder Robison
- Darth Vader and Son and Vader's Little Princess - Jeffrey Brown :: Awesome comic collections for Star Wars-loving dads!
Also check out Dads are the Original Hipsters tumblr for more fun.
Happy Father's Day!
Happy Father's Day to you too! Dave Engledow's photography project with his daughter Alice - World's Best Dad - is hilarious! http://www.fotoblur.com/people/engledow
That is fantastic! Thanks for introducing me to it.