Test your knowledge! Timeliness? Beta? Value Line?
Here's some investment humor: You know you've gone to the wrong stockbroker when you ask him/her to buy 1,000 shares in IBM and he/she asks you how to spell it.
Now that you're relaxed and done laughing, see how you do on the following quiz:
Beta, a measure calculated by Value Line, measures:
- something between the Alpha and the Gamma
- a stock's development phase before its official release
- the volatility of a stock relative to the overall stock market
- the speed of a stock relative to the speed of light
Which of the following companies is NOT included in Value Line:
- Apple, Inc.
- Strawberry Shortcake & Sons, Ltd.
- SkyPeople Fruit Juice Inc.
- Maui Ld & Pineapple Co Inc.
Timeliness, a Value Line rank, measures:
- a stock's probability that it won't be late to the market's annual holiday party
- the expected price performance of a stock for the coming six to twelve months relative to Value Line's approximate 1,700 stock universe
- a stock's position relative to its cleanliness and godliness
- a stock's short term (three to six months) relative price change
In a May 23, 2014 commentary, the Value Line analyst covering Chipotle Mexican Grill stated that the company "has not yet felt the effects of:
- the Broncos loss to the Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII"
- recreational marijuana sales in Colorado"
- the Affordable Care Act"
- the recent hog virus on the supply of pork"
Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of stocks included in Value Line's Model Portfolio 1?
- No Timeliness rank because of recent restructurings or pending acquisitions
- Timeliness rank of 1
- Financial Strength rating of at least B+ at the time of purchase
- May have Betas considerably higher than 1
Which of the following is an industry category found in Value Line:
Click here for the answer key.
The Value Line Investment Survey tracks approximately 1,700 stocks in over 90 industries. The Small & Mid-Cap Survey reports on approximately 1,800 small & mid-cap stocks not included in The Value Line Investment Survey.
Most of our research databases are available remotely to customers with a Denver Public Library card.
Don't have a library card? Check out how to get one now!
Have questions? Just ASK US! by phone, chat or email!
The Central Library will close early at 2 p.m. on Saturday, October 10 to prepare for the Booklovers Ball. More...