Children's Library: One Branch One Story
Is this your first year participating in the SOR program? How many years have you participated?
- Ella (5 years old) - 4 or 5 times (not pictured)
- Sarah (7 years old) - 6 times
- Jennifer (22 months old, mom Samantha) - 2 times
What is your favorite thing about the program?
- Ella - Elitch tickets
- Sarah - reading
- Samantha (Jennifer’s mom) - “We had her repeat words and she did really well. I usually focus on the older children’s books so this brought the focus back on her.”
Did you really like any books or do any activities you read or did for Summer of Reading? Which ones and why?
- Ella - No (mom said she is reading to herself now and isn’t as enthusiastic as she is when she’s being read to)
- Sarah - Indian in the Cupboard and The Wolves of Willoughby Chase “They were exciting.”
- Samantha (Jennifer's mom) - “We had her repeat words and she did really well.”
Would you recommend SOR to your friends?
- Ella - “Yes, cause I like it.”
- Sarah - “Yes.”
- Samantha (Jennifer's mom) - yes, SOR keeps her on track with adding reading to the daily schedule. They are very busy running around so it helped her remember to do early education stuff during down time.