We’re super excited about Comic Con! So we decided to hold a Superhero Training Academy at the Children’s Library on Saturday, June 21 starting at 10:30 a.m.
Seven superhero skill tests will be ready and waiting for young superheroes to complete. Complete them all for an official superhero certificate!
Does your young superhero prefer to wear a cape? Can they cross a fiery pit of lava? Are they super duper strong? Sounds like they’re a great candidate for the Superhero Training Academy!
Looking to venture beyond Spiderman and Superman? Check out some of these superhero stories!
- The Adventures of Captain Underpants: An Epic Novel by Dav Pilkey
- Extraordinary Warren, a Super Chicken by Sarah Dillard
- Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo
- Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute by Jarrett Krosoczka
- Zita the Spacegirl: Far from Home by Ben Hatke
Curious what age group?
I would love to get some details on your program! I am a children's librarian in MD and am working ahead for next summer. A superhero training camp would be awesome!
We'd be more than happy to share program details. Send an email to CHLref@denverlibrary.org and I'll get back to you.