10 Reasons to Come Downtown This Weekend
10. Hear French Metro-inspired accordion music played by a real live Frenchman. (Sunday, 2p, Central Library) ('Frenchman' is an exaggeration as accordionist is actually from New Zealand)
9. Find a rare first edition of The DaVinci Code or an ABBA cd amongst the treasures at the Denver Public Library Used Book Sale. (Thursday-Sunday, hours and info, Central Library) (The DaVinci Code not rare)
8. Get a taste of home cookin' at Cissy Olderman's Oklahoma cooking demo. (Saturday, 1:30p, Central Library). (Chicken Fried Steak with Truckstop Gravy; and Pecan Pie guaranteed)
7. Ogle celebrities while enjoying an iced summer beverage at Mad Bean and Wine (Saturday or Sunday, all day, Acoma Plaza and 13th Ave.) (Celebrities not guaranteed).
6. Work through your creative angst while watching Baz Luhrmann's Moulin Rouge (Sunday, 1p, Central Library).
5. Steal fashion tips from Yves Saint Laurent at the Denver Art Museum's retrospective of his life's work in fashion. (All weekend, hours and info, DAM)
4. Make free, sparkly French postcards to send to your creditors. (Sunday, 2:30p, Central Library)
3. People-watch while nibbling on pralined nuts created by a chef trained in Paris. (Sunday, 1:30p, Central Library)
2. Download super cool robot mime dance moves on the 16th Street Mall. (All weekend, 16th Street Mall) (Super cool dance moves not guaranteed).
1. Enjoy life-altering, transformational experiences and croissants with Denver's creative community. (Sunday, 1-5p, Bonjour Paris Craft Party) (Transformation, while encouraged, is not guaranteed; croissant guaranteed).
All DPL locations will close early at 4 p.m. Nov. 25, closed all day Nov. 26. Westwood closed Nov. 26-29. More...