Try out a new creative project at home with the ideaLAB. In this online session you will learn to sew a small stuffed creature.
This beginner sewing project will teach you basic hand stitching techniques while customizing a plushie that can be used as a keepsake, decoration, or gift. You can use supplies provided in an ideaLAB Take & Make Kit or your own supplies from home.
To get an ideaLAB Take & Make Kit: stop by Hadley, Hampden, Montbello, Rodolfo "Corky" Gonzales, or Sam Gary Branches and request a kit starting February 27. Supplies are limited, first come first served.
Step-by-step instructions and a video tutorial for the project are available at https://bit.ly/DPLplushie if you can't attend the live program or want to review the project at another time.
To follow along with the project you will need:
- Printed pattern (2 pages) - download link. We recommend printing pattern and cutting out felt pattern pieces prior to event.
- Felt or fabric - a fabric that doesn't fray when cut works best
- Pencil, pen, or chalk - to trace pattern on your fabric.
- Sewing or embroidery thread
- Stuffing, scrap fabric, or cut up plastic bags - to stuff the project with.
- Optional decorating supplies such as buttons, googly eyes, scrap fabric,
- Optional hot glue gun or craft glue for attaching decorations.
This is a casual learning environment, and makers of all skill levels are welcome.
The program will be held on Google Meet at https://meet.google.com/wzm-trsv-bea. No Google Account or sign-in is required. If you would prefer to call in, you can dial (US) (US) +1 832-699-1616 and then enter the PIN: 175 840 469#
Sign language interpreters and real-time captioning via CART are available upon request with notice of three business days to SignLanguageServices@denvergov.org or 720-913-8487. For other public accommodation requests or concerns related to a disability: DisabilityAccess@denvergov.org.
Automated voice-to-text captioning is available for all virtual programs. Need help getting set up?