The Denver Public Library is currently accepting nominations for the 2021 Juanita Gray Community Service Awards. These awards honor African American men, women and youth who make outstanding contributions to the Denver metro area and who exemplify the ideals and spirit represented by Juanita Gray’s commitment to the Denver community. Juanita Gray is a former Denver Public Library staff member and community advocate.
Nominations are reviewed by a committee consisting of library staff and community representatives. We ask that you please be thorough with your nomination to demonstrate the nominee’s achievements and contributions.
Please note, a virtual event will take place in February to acknowledge the award winners. The virtual event will be open to the public. More information will be available in early 2021.
Paper nominations will also be accepted by mail. Please download this document to use for your paper nomination which includes address information.
Nominee(s) must be:
- An African American, a Colorado resident and a positive role model.
- A user and/or supporter of the Denver Public Library.
- A person who has taken an active role in the community.
- A person who has made a contribution above and beyond paid employment.
- A person who has made an impact in the community, state and/or USA.
Fields marked with * are required.
The deadline to submit a nomination(s) is 5 p.m. Friday, December 18, 2020.