Library Meeting Room Policy
As an expression of its mission to connect people with information, ideas and experiences, the Denver Public Library provides meeting rooms in the Central Library and branch libraries. These rooms may be used by members of the community for the presentation and exchange of information and opinions. The Library makes these rooms available on equal terms to all persons and groups, regardless of opinion or affiliation. By making a meeting room available as a forum, the Library does not sponsor or endorse the views of any group using the room. These rooms are available to groups of at least five people.
A complete packet of Library policies and guidelines is available upon request. Please contact Sherry Spitsnaugle, Events Coordinator email@example.com
Voice: (720) 865-2078
Fax: (720) 865-2087
Events Coordinator office hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Other Library Meeting Room Policies & Guidelines
- Meeting rooms are primarily designed for Denver Public Library programs and use. When not in use by the Library, meeting rooms can be used for a rental fee by community groups and organizations of at least five people.
- The Library may cancel confirmed reservations to accommodate Denver Public Library sponsored activities. Library staff will notify meeting room users in the event of cancellation.
- The Library reserves the right to review each prospective use and determine whether or not that use falls within the Denver Public Library meeting room guidelines. Use of the premises may be terminated at any time if the conduct of the group, or any member of the group, is disruptive to Library service, abusive or dangerous to the building, Library materials, exhibits, furnishings or individuals in the building.
- In accordance with the City statute, all Library facilities are non-smoking facilities.
- The meeting rooms of the Denver Public Library are accessible to people with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Library staff or representatives may enter any of the rented premises at any time and on any occasion.
- You or your agent(s) may not move exhibits, furniture or other Library equipment.
- Animals (with the exception of Seeing Eye or registered assist dogs) may not be brought onto Library premises unless a part of a Library sponsored program.
- At the Central Library and the Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library, you and your guests must remain in your scheduled event space when the Library is closed to the public unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
- The Library is not responsible for items or equipment left in the building before, during or after an event.
- The Library reserves the right to take photographs of events for its own records and for future promotional materials.
- Meetings and events which are sponsored by the Library in support of its mission and goals, or are sponsored by agencies of the City and County of Denver are exempt from rental fees.