Lynn Redgrave's Final Bow
Lynn Redgrave has publicly battled cancer since being diagnosed 7 years ago. Her book, Journal: A Mother and Daughter's Recovery From Breast Cancer, documents her courage and close relationship with her family. Ms. Redgrave first entered the public eye in 1963 at the age of 20, and is part of an acting royal family spanning 4 generations.
Her Filmography (owned by the Denver Public Library) includes:
- The Jane Austen Book Club (2007)
- Kinsey (2004) [Uncredited but memorable role in the last moments of the film]
- Gods and Monsters (1998)
- Unconditional Love (2002)
- Anita and Me (2002)
- Spider (2002)
- All I Wanna Do (1998)
- James A. Michener's Centennial (1978)
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Sex but Were Afraid to Ask (1972)
- Shine (1996)
- Georgy Girl (1966)
Survival Memoirs Full of Hope and Laughter:
- Portraits of Hope: Conquering Breast Cancer, 52 Inspirational Stories of Strength
- Hearing the Stream: A Survivor's Journey into the Sisterhood of Breast Cancer
- Pretty is What Changes: Impossible Choices, the Breast Cancer Gene and how I Defied my Destiny
- Lopsided: How Having Breast Cancer Can be Really Distracting
- It's Always Something
Susan G. Komen Foundation is a grassroots network of cancer survivors who are active in the community striving to raise awareness and funding.
The National Breast Cancer Foundation is committed to educating the pubilc and funding free mammograms for those that can not afford them.
BreastCancer.org is a nonprofit organization that provides online and offline help, connecting experts with patients.