Introduction to Nia
Nia blends the martial arts, the dance arts, and the healing arts into an inherently non-impact cardiovascular workout. Come wearing comfortable clothes!
Nia engages the mind as well as the body. The mind is used to imagine, witness, focus and direct attention. The emotions are used to personally engage the individual with activity, thereby creating the coupling effect needed to trigger the mind-body connection.
- The Nia Technique: The High-Powered Energizing Workout that Gives You a New Body and a New Life by Debbie Rosas and Carlos Rosas
- Zumba: Ditch the Workout, Join the Party!: The Zumba Weight Loss Program by Beto Perez and Maggie Greenwood-Robinson
- Illustrated Elements of Alexander Technique by Glynn MacDonald
- The No Sweat Exercise Plan: Lose Weight, Get Healthy, Live Longer by Harvey B. Simon
- Dancing with the Stars: Jive, Salsa, and Tango Your Way into the Best Shape of Your Life
All DPL locations will be closed November 27, and will close at 4 p.m. November 26. The Westwood Branch Library will be closed November 27-30. More...