Happy National Doughnut Day!
Doughnuts are certainly a hit with me! My dream doughnut feast would include doughnuts from Voodoo Doughnut in Portland, Doughnut Plant in New York, and Walton Donuts right here in Denver. But who am I kidding? Any doughnut is a good doughnut! I'll definitely be heading out for my free doughnut from LaMar's or Krispy Kreme on National Doughnut Day. What are your favorite doughnut spots?
I hope you celebrate National Doughnut Day with a sweet treat of your own and one of these great items from our collection:
- Glazed America: A History of the Doughnut by Paul R. Mullins
- Donuts: An American Passion by John T. Edge
- The Gluten-Free Kitchen: Over 135 Delicious Recipes for People with Gluten Intolerance or Wheat Allergy by Roben Ryberg
- Who Needs Donuts? by Mark Alan Stamaty
- The Donut Chef by Bob Staake
- Arnie the Doughnut by Laurie Keller
- The Great Doughnut Parade by Rebecca Bond
And no doughnut celebration would be complete without a few episodes of The Simpsons!
Doughnut girl at work image courtesy of the Western History and Genealogy Digital Image Collection.