Happy National Doughnut Day!
Doughnuts are certainly a hit with me! My dream doughnut feast would include doughnuts from Voodoo Doughnut in Portland, Doughnut Plant in New York, and Walton Donuts right here in Denver. But who am I kidding? Any doughnut is a good doughnut! I'll definitely be heading out for my free doughnut from LaMar's or Krispy Kreme on National Doughnut Day. What are your favorite doughnut spots?
I hope you celebrate National Doughnut Day with a sweet treat of your own and one of these great items from our collection:
- Glazed America: A History of the Doughnut by Paul R. Mullins
- Donuts: An American Passion by John T. Edge
- The Gluten-Free Kitchen: Over 135 Delicious Recipes for People with Gluten Intolerance or Wheat Allergy by Roben Ryberg
- Who Needs Donuts? by Mark Alan Stamaty
- The Donut Chef by Bob Staake
- Arnie the Doughnut by Laurie Keller
- The Great Doughnut Parade by Rebecca Bond
And no doughnut celebration would be complete without a few episodes of The Simpsons!
Doughnut girl at work image courtesy of the Western History and Genealogy Digital Image Collection.
All DPL locations will be closed November 27, and will close at 4 p.m. November 26. The Westwood Branch Library will be closed November 27-30. More...