Colorado Author Series: Dr. Michelle Anthony
Dr. Anthony, co-author of Little Girls Can Be Mean will present a how-to strategy session for addressing the growing problem of girl meanness in elementary school, including how and why meanness happens, ways to help girls deal with and resolve friendship struggles, and girl bullying. Attendees will learn a simple Four Step process, along with a variety of take-back tools, strategies, and activities to help their children approach many social struggles in the early years.
Dr. Anthony and her co-author Dr. Reyna Lindert are founding members of Signing Smart, a strategy-based approach to signing with hearing infants and toddlers that is fun, simple, and successful. The library owns My First Signs and What Do You See?, written by Dr. Anthony and Dr. Lindert to help you communicate with your baby or toddler with both words, sounds and the printed text.
- Girls Against Girls: Why We are Mean to Each Other and How We Can Change by Bonnie Burton
- I Am an Emotional Creature: The Secret Life of Girls Around the World by Eve Ensler
- Letters to a Bullied Girl: Messages of Healing and Hope by Olivia Gardner with Emily and Sarah Buder
- The Triple Bind: Saving our Teenage Girls from Today's Pressures by Stephen Hinshaw with Rachel Kranz
- Aggression, Antisocial Behavior, and Violence Among Girls: A Developmental Perspective edited by Martha Putallaz and Karen L. Bierman
- Girls on the Edge: The Four Factors Driving the New Crisis for Girls: Sexual Identity, the Cyberbubble, Obsessions, Environmental Toxins by Leonard Sax
- Odd Girl Out: The Hidden Culture of Aggression in Girls by Rachel Simmons