Beat of a Different Drum
- Ringo Starr of The Beatles provided a steady back beat and creative flourishes that helped make this band the legend it is today. Pete Best, the original drummer for the Beatles, was with the band for 2 years. Ringo is also one of the few drummers to get to not only write songs, but sing the lead vocal as well!
- Keith Moon of The Who was nearly maimed in an explosion during "My Generation" while they played on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour.
- Phil Collins of Genesis has played just about every instrument out there, so some might contest his inclusion on his list, but drumming is where this musician got his start.
- Neil Peart of Rush may not be the most glamorous drummer on this list, but his name registers on every "Best Drummer" list I could find!
- When John Bonham, the drummer of Led Zeppelin, died the band disbanded. If that's not a testament to the power of a drummer, I don't know what is.
- John Densmore, was the rhymthic engire for the The Doors, a feat not easily accomplished!
- Dave Grohl, perhaps most famous as being the drummer for Nirvana, was also the drummer for the first Foo Fighters album.
- Gene Krupa was a legendary jazz drummer known for his flamboyant style and endless energy!
- Rick Allen of Def Leppard achieved recognition, not only for being the only Def Leppard drummer to live more than a few years after accepting the gig, but also because he suffered the full amputation of his left arm and continued to rock harder than ever!