Submissions for 125th Anniversary Book
This year Denver Public Library celebrates 125 years of connecting people with information, ideas and experiences. Our efforts do more than provide entertainment, they also enhance lives and strengthen our community. We’ve had a direct, profound and lasting impression on Denver and the people who call the Mile High City home.
To celebrate this major milestone, DPL will be publishing a limited edition 125th anniversary book in collaboration with the Tattered Cover and we’d like to give you a chance to be a part of it.
We are soliciting submissions from our supporters, staff, and customers for inclusion in this special project. We are accepting written submissions no longer than 500 words in length as well as photographs.
What you write is up to you. We want you to be inspired to tell your story in a personal and memorable way. It can be a poem, your vision of the future of DPL, how DPL has affected you or your community - in short we’re looking for your library love story.
If you are interested in taking part in this special edition anniversary book, please submit your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is August 11. If your work is selected, we will notify you prior to publication.
Email your contribution to email@example.com. Please type or paste your submission in the body of the email.
● Fiction and nonfiction submissions will be considered as long as they revolve around DPL.
● Written submissions may be no longer than 500 words. Anything longer will be automatically rejected.
● Photographs submitted must be at least 300 dpi.
- Submissions must be wholly owned by the submitter and may not contain copyrighted material. Found or public domain images or footage cannot be submitted under any circumstances. If you do not have complete rights to the submission, you may not submit it.
● We reserve the right to edit pieces as needed but will not do anything that heavily alters content.
● If your work is going to appear, you'll hear from us prior to publication.
● Because of a tight deadline, we are unable to answer questions regarding the status of submissions.